Magna tiles or magnetic tiles have been around since 1997 and kids love to play with them. As most of us know magnetic tiles are shape blocks that are colorful and transparent tiles with tiny magnets on the sides which make them magentic. Magna tiles, picasso tiles and connetix are the most popular brands known to us for magnetic tiles. Playmags and magformers follow the trend as well.
HOW TO DECORATE THE FRIDGE WITH MAGNETIC TILES
Like many kids our boys age 6 and 10 also enjoy playing with magnetic tiles. Today, the boys want to share how to decorate the fridge with magnetic tiles while mom cooks in the kitchen. This is a fun project and brings so much joy and happiness in the time spent in the kitchen.
For this project the boys used square shape magnetic tiles to form the mosaic base on the fridge. Then they used triangles and other forms to decorate the fridge to look like a stunning piece of art.
YOU WILL NEED: PICASSO TILES | MAGNA TILES OR ANY OTHER
The boys used picasso tiles for decorating the fridge with magnetic tiles. However, you can use anyone you have at home. The exact number of tiles required for this project are listed at the bottom of the post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO DECORATE THE FRIDGE WITH MAGNETIC TILES
- First start by connecting square magnetic tiles horizontally and go along as you complete each line covering the fridge door.
- Make sure to use variation of colours such that the same colours do not coincide on the left or right side as well as the top or bottom.
- Once you completely cover the surface of the fridge door, start making your pattern.
- The boys used triangles to make an abstract art inspired random patterns.
SOME IDEAS TO DECORATE THE FRIDGE WITH MAGNETIC TILES
- Patterns can include making flowers, butterflies, birds or even trees inspired by spring time.
- Make a city scene with cars at the base and tall buildings at the top with a sun shining in the mosaic sky.
- Ask your kids to try making magnetic tile fruits or vegetables that you are cutting as they play.
- Younger ones can practice making numbers or alphabets as well.
- Give them a theme like ocean or forest and ask them to think of their favourite animals to create a scene.
- Or simply have fun going abstract with designs and patterns.
This is such a simple project and kids of all ages and enjoy playtime accompanying the parents while they prepare the meal. There is also a lot of room for creativity and innovation here.
VIDEO TUTORIAL PICASSO TILES AND MAGNA TILES
See the video as the boys are in the process of how to decorate the fridge with magnetic tiles to get your kids into the groove.
Number of each shape magnetic tiles required
For this project you will need:
- 10 large colorful square tiles (can be substituted with 4×10 = 40 square tiles)
- 65 colorful square tiles (can be substituted with 2 isosceles triangles to make a square, if don’t have enough squares)
- 23 taller triangles in assorted colors for the base
- 1 half square or rectangular tile
- 48 equilateral triangle tiles in assorted colors
Let us know in the comments if you tried this project and we will feature it on our social media. We would also love to hear what you think about this idea?
Kids love to play and build beautiful projects and motivation fuels them up to brainstorm more!
Stay tuned for more ideas. Disclosure: We may get compensation if you click and buy using the product link shared above at amazon.
Follow us at Youtube | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram